Friday 29 March 2013

I have been rumbled...

I must confess to not really knowing my godwits from my guillemots.

Someone much cleverer than me pointed out my failings (in the kindest possible way) and thank goodness they did because it absolutely would not do to have an information board showing information that was not quite right.

I would like to apologise to Mr Dunlin and Mr Godwit for not painting them as properly as I should.

Feeling a little bit humbled and armed with the Hamlyn Guide to Birds of Britain and Europe (which incidentally is much clearer than google images, my own bird book, a friends' borrowed bird book and the real thing) I set about rectifying my wrongdoings.



I am proud to present a new and improved dunlin (nicer beak, more accurate markings) and a new and improved godwit dressed in his proper summer plumage.

If you want to play spot the difference(s) my original-little-bit-wrong-birdies are in my last post, Waders and Worms.


Wishing you all a very happy Easter.

1 comment:

  1. They all look pretty right to me...... Griz

    ReplyDelete